How to Fix the USB Flash Drive Not Reading in ASUS X551MA
If you have a problem with your ASUS X551MA laptop and the DVD drive of your system is not working properly, you will need to boot the system from a USB Flash Drive. So here’s what you need to do…
In order to boot the ASUS X551MA laptop from a USB Flash Drive, you need to first connect the USB Flash drive in your laptop and then enter the BIOS configuration of the system.
After rebooting, the laptop will enter the BIOS configuration. Once here,
- Click Boot and then enter the configuration of Boot Option#1 and then select the proper device, which in your case would be the USB Flash drive.
- Click on Save and Exit, select the Save Changes & Exit and then press Enter. This will save your configuration.
- Now the system will boot automatically from the USB Flash Drive.
- Unplug the device and then plug it again.
- If the above doesn’t work, then unplug the device, reboot the system and plug it again.
- If it still doesn’t work, try the device on another port.
- If the problem still persists, try using the drive in another machine and try another USB drive on your system. If the earlier device fails to work on both the systems, then you have a faulty device. To ensure that the USB drive’s driver is up to date, go to the device’s manufacturer website and look for the latest driver. Download and install it. If it still doesn’t work, then you have a faulty device for sure.
- If all the devices used on your system fail to perform then the problem is with your computer. You might try reinstalling the USB Port drivers.
- To reinstall the USB Port drivers, you need to -
- Create a restore point just to be safe. Then click on the Create button and follow the prompts that are given. Until the restore point is created, do not continue with the reinstalling process.
- Close all the programs that are running.
- On Windows 8 search, type Device and the select the Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager opens, go to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section.
- Now, right click on the first listing and select Uninstall. Then repeat the same process for all the others that follow.
- Once done, reboot the system. Once the system reboots, Windows will automatically reinstall the drivers.
However, what if the USB Flash Drive doesn’t work? Here’s how you go about repairing the USB Flash Drive used in your ASUS X551MA laptop:
If neither of the processes work, you may need technical help to fix the USB Flash Drive Not Reading issue on your ASUS X551MA. Call the iYogi technicians to assist you fix the technical glitches. We are available 24x7 and can help you resolve the issues in no time…