How to enter the BIOS configuration of Windows 8?
At times you may need to change your boot device or set the system clock to match a particular time zone on your Windows 8 PC. To be able to do it, you will have to enter the BIOS.
The BIOS (Basic Input/Output system) is the right gateway for all these actions. Using the BIOS, you can change the basic settings of your computer; including the boot sequence, change the system time and date, or enable the hardware components – and this is why it is also referred to as ‘Setup’.
To enter the BIOS setup and make changes to your PC settings, first you need to enter the BIOS configuration of your Windows 8 PC. Here are the steps to do so:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select the ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Under the ‘PC Settings’, go to the option ‘General’.
- From the ‘Choose an option’ window, hit the option ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Under ‘Troubleshoot’, click the ‘Advanced Options’.
- Under ‘Advanced Options’, select the ‘UEFI Firmware Settings’.
- Once done, click ‘Restart’.
- On rebooting the PC, the laptop will automatically enter the BIOS configuration.
Aren’t these steps short and simple? While following these steps, if you ever encounter any error or come across any problem while performing any particular step, contact iYogi technicians for instant and reliable resolutions. Our iYogi technicians are available 24x7, throughout the year, to attend to all your worries without wasting your time. iYogi experts can help you diagnose and resolve the errors preventing you from configuring the BIOS on your Windows 8 PC.