How to boot from USB in Asus Computers?
ASUS computers are powerful high quality top of the line devices that are designed to deliver maximum performance under optimal power usage. ASUS computer integrates a number of industry standard components that implicates the latest in computing technology aspects into the system to deliver unmatched performance along with a vivid computing experience. The Windows range of Operating Systems on the other hand are highly functional software programs that provides the users with a multitude of highly useful features and options to perform any kind of intricate tasks on the computer under minimal complications. Windows Operating Systems utilizes different methods and technologies to perform a System boot up. The booting up of a computer from a removable storage device like USB Flash drive is also made possible by making the normal USB flash drive into a Bootable Windows Operating System drive. This can nowadays be easily done by using numerous support software that are developed to automatically convert a normal single drive USB flash storage device into boot partitioned Windows installer drive.
Discussed below are some points that will help the users to boot Windows from USB in ASUS computer:
- Create Bootable USB Flash drive
- Configure BIOS Options
- Boot from the Flash drive
Make a USB Flash Drive Bootable
Open command Prompt as an Administrator. You need to enter Administrator password. Â This method only works for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. You can then copy the contents of an operating system disc onto the drive.
- Enter Diskpart Command to open the Disk Management Utility.
- Type list Disk command to show the list of all drives.
- Note the number next to your USB Drive.
- Type command Select Disk <V>, Replace <V> with the number of your USB Drive.
- Type Clean command to delete all data from USB Drive.
- Type Create Part Pri command to Create new primary partition on USB Drive.
- Type Select Part 1 command to select just created partition.
- Type format fs=ntfs quick command to format the partition. ( if your server support UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface), you should format USB Drive as FAT32. For FAT32 format command type fs=fat 32 quick.
- Type active command to activate the partition.
- Type Exit to exit from command prompt.
- Save the content of an operating installation disc into USB Drive by dragging and dropping using your preferred file manager/explorer.
Configure BIOS Options
After creating the bootable Windows USB Flash drive, the users should access the BIOS of your ASUS computer to make necessary changes in the boot options of the system. The users should access the boot options menu in BIOS and should enable the boot from USB device option, if disabled by default. You should also change the boot order and set the primary boot device as the USB devices option. This will enable your ASUS computer to boot the Windows from the USB flash drive that is to be plugged at next system restart.
Boot from the Flash Drive
Now that you have created a Bootable Windows USB Flash drive and set all options required to enable USB booting, you should plug in the USB drive into the port of your ASUS computer and go for a System restart. The system will now detect bootable Windows version from the plugged in USB flash drive and will display the Windows initialization menu containing the install option and the repair or recovery menu option.
Selecting the 'Install' option will enable the users to install a fresh copy of Windows on your computer and the 'Repair/recovery' options will help in repairing the issues in the computer that are restricting it from performing a normal startup.